1. British American Tobacco, Biotechnology, Cambridge, UK (2013-2019)
a. Gene Application Manager
b. Molecular Breeder
2. Syngents Seeds, the Netherlands (2005-2012)
a. Plant Breeding Manager: Spinach, Leek, Lettuce, Beans, Peas, Radish
b. Senior Plant Breeder: Spinach, Leek
3. Horticulture Research International (2000-2005)
a. Senior Research Scientist, Plant Pathology
b. Post-doc Plant Pathology
Last 5 Publications
1. T Gilles (2017). AP30. Feasibility to develop ultra-low nicotine tobacco leaf complying with proposed future nicotine regulation – A review of genetic approaches. CORESTA Conference, Ag-Phyto Joint Study-Group Meeting, Santa Cruz, Brazil, 22-26 October 2017.
2. T Gilles, K Phelps, JP Clarkson, R Kennedy (2004). Development of MILIONCAST, an improved model for predicting downy mildew sporulation on onions. Plant Disease 88:695-702.
3. T Gilles & R Kennedy (2002). Effects of an interaction between inoculum density and temperature on germination of Puccinia allii urediniospores and leek rust progress. Phytopathology 93(4):413-420.
4. T Gilles, BDL Fitt, MJ Jeger (2001). Effects of environmental factors on development of Pyrenopeziza brassicae (light leaf spot) apothecia on oilseed rape debris. Phytopathology 91:392-398.
5. T Gilles, BDL Fitt, SJ Welham, N Evans, JM Steed, MJ Jeger (2001). Modelling the effects of temperature and wetness duration on development of light leaf spot on oilseed rape leaves inoculated with Pyrenopeziza brassicae conidia. Plant Pathology 50:42-52.