-2017-present Professor,Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences, Sabanci University, Istanbul, Turkey.
-2016-present Program Coordinator (Chair), Manufacturing Engineering Program -2012-2017 Associate Professor, Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences, Sabanci University, Istanbul, Turkey.
-2010-2012 Associate Professor (withTenure)Department of Industria land Systems (onleave) Engineering, The State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York.
-2010-2012 Assistant Professor, Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences, Sabancı University, Istanbul, Turkey. -2002-2010 Assistant Professor, Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, The State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York.
-2001 Lecturer, Department of Industrial Engineering, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC.
-3D bioprinting/biomanufacturing for tissue and organ engineering
-Computational geometry and optimization for additive manufacturing process
-Heterogenous, multi-functional object modeling and manufacturing
-Nano-micro additive manufacturing of composite materials
-Process planning and development for hybrid additive-subtractive processes.
Last 5 Publications
1. C.B. Dayan, F. Afghah, B.S. Okan, M. Yıldız, Y. Menceloglu, M. Culha, B. Koc, “Modeling 3D melt electro spinning writing by response surface methodology”, Materials & Design, 2018. (in-press)
2. A. Hodaei, O. Akhlaghi, N. Khani, T. Aytas, D. Sezer, B. Tatli, Y.Z. Menceloglu, B. Koc, O. Akbulut, “Single Additive Enables 3D Printing of Highly Loaded Iron Oxide Suspensions”, ACS applied materials&interfaces, 2018. (in-press)
3. A. Rahmat, B. Koc, M. Yildiz, “A systematic study on numerical simulation of electrified jet printing”, Additive Manufacturing, 18, pp. 15-21, 2017.
4. E. Bakirci, B. Toprakhisar, M. C. Zeybek, G. Ince, B. Koc, ” Cell Sheet Based Bionkfor 3D Bioprinting Applications “, Biofabrication, Vol. 9, No.2, p024105, 2017.
5. N. Khani, A. Nadernezhad, P. Bartolo, B. Koc, “Hierarchical and spatial modeling and bio-additive manufacturing of multi-material constructs”, CIRP Annals., Vol. 66, No. 1, pp. 229-232, 2017.
1. Patent Application No: PCT/TR2016/050188: “Method For Three Dimensional Printing Of Heterogeneous Structures”, B. Koc, Navid Khani, Ali Nadernezhad. (Submitted on June, 2016)
2. US Patent 9851706, EU Patent Application No: EP20140170465: “Artificial hollow biological tissue network and method for preparation there of”, B. Koc, Can Kucukgul, S. Burce Ozler. (Issued in 2017)
3. US Patent # 7,417,174, “Resorbable Laminated Repair Film and Method of Using Same” W. L. Hicks, J. A. Gardella, Jr., R. Bizios, B. Hard, F. Bright, J. L. Mukasa, B. Koc, A. Cartwright, Co-inventors, (issued in 2008).
-Founding Member and Member of Board of Directors, Sabanci University Integrated Manufacturing Center (2016-present)
-Member of Advisory Board for Health Funding Calls, The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TUBITAK) (2017-2018)
-Member of Strategic Planning for Industry 4.0 Funding Calls, The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TUBITAK) (2017)
-Member of International Society for Biofabrication (2010-present).
-Member of Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine (TERMIS) (2010-present).
-Senior Member of the Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME) (2001-present).
-Member of Society for Biomaterials (2017-present)
-Senior Member of the Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE) (2001-2005, 2013).
-Member of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) (2002-2004)
-Member of the American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE) (2001-2003).
-Research Specialist in The Center for Industrial Effectiveness (TCIE) (2004-2010)