-Micro/nano Fluidic Systems
-Organs on a chip devices
– Heinrich, M. A., Liu, W., Jimenez, A., Yang, J., Akpek, A., Liu, X., Prakash, J. (2019). 3D bioprinting: from benches to translational applications. Small, 15(23), 1805510.
– Akpek, A. (2019). A novel design of an electromagnetically levitated vibrational viscometer for biomedical and clinical applications. Turkish Journal of Electrical Engineering & Computer Sciences, 27(2), 819-831.
– Kızılkurtlu, A. A., Polat, T., Aydın, G. B., & Akpek, A. (2018). Lung on a chip for drug screening and design. Current pharmaceutical design, 24(45), 5386-5396.
– AVCI, H., GÜZEL, F. D., Erol, S., Akpek, A. (2018). Recent advances in organ-on-a-chip technologies and future challenges: a review. Turkish Journal of Chemistry, 42(3), 587-610.
– Akpek, A. (2018). Development of a heart assist device as a vibrational viscometer that estimates blood viscosity. Journal of the Faculty of Engineering & Architecture of Gazi University, 2018, 1-15.
- Associate Professor, Bioengineering Department, Gebze Technical University (Dec 2018- Present)
- Assistant Professor, Bioengineering Department, Gebze Technical University (Jun 2017 – Dec 2018)
- Visiting Professor, Harvard MIT Division of Health Science and Technology (2015-2016)
- Assistant Professor, Biomedical Engineering Department, İstanbul Yeni Yüzyıl University (2014-2017)
- Research Assistant, Mechano-Micro Engineering Department, Tokyo Institute of Technology, (2011-2014)
- Research Assistant, Bioengineering Department, University of Tokyo (2010-2011)
- Biotechnology Society of Turkey
- Japan Fluid Power System Society
- Turkish Scientific and Technological Research Council (TUBITAK) Post-doctoral Fellowship
- Graduation with Honor from Tokyo Institute of Technology
- Monbukagakusho Scholarship of Japan
- Graduation with Honor from Ege University