OBJECTIVES AND SPECIFICATIONS:
– Liquid ﬂow measurements for microelectromechanic and microthermal systems.
– Observation of micro and nano scale matter – ﬂuid ineractions and particle ﬂow in micro channels.
– Improved temperature and particle transfer with nano and micro structured surfaces, nanoﬂuids.
– Cavitation, micropumping, micro heating/cooling.
AREAS OF IMPACT AND APPLICATIONS:
– Biomedical diagnosis and treatment support
– Diagnosis and treatment robots that move in capillary vessels and similar channels; nanomedicine, nanotoxicology
– Cooling of microwave radars, antennae and microelectronic circuits in new generation microﬂuidic systems
– Automotive applications