Laser – material interaction and ablation process.
Multi-photon ionization of jet-cooled molecular beam in the gas phase.
Inorganic and organic device microfabrication and process development.
Optical sensors, and optical coating.
Modeling the electronic excited states of molecule.
Modeling and simulation of isolated molecule.
- J van Borkulo, R Boulanger, EMM Tan, Laser multi beam full cut dicing of wafer level chip-scale package (FAN IN), 2016 IEEE 18th Electronics Packaging Technology Conference (EPTC), 752-757.
- EMM Tan, S Amirjalayer, S Smolarek, A Vdovin, F Zerbetto, WJ Buma, Fast photodynamics of azobenzene probed by scanning excited-state potential energy surfaces using slow spectroscopy, Nature Communications 6 (1), 1-7.
- EMM Tan, M Hilbers, WJ Buma, Excited-state dynamics of isolated and microsolvated cinnamate-based UV-B sunscreens, The Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters 5 (14), 2464-2468.
- EMM Tan, S Amirjalayer, BH Bakker, WJ Buma, Excited state dynamics of Photoactive Yellow Protein chromophores elucidated by high-resolution spectroscopy and ab initio calculations, Faraday Discussions 163, 321-340.
- EMM Tan, S Amirjalayer, S Smolarek, A Vdovin, AM Rijs, WJ Buma, Conformational Heterogeneity of Methyl 4-Hydroxycinnamate: A Gas-Phase UV–IR Spectroscopic Study, The Journal of Physical Chemistry B 117 (17), 4798-4805.
2020 – on going – Principal investigator, Sabanci University Nanotechnology Research and Application Center, Turkey.
2015 – 2019 – Senior process development engineer, ASM, The Netherlands.
2010 – 2014 – PhD researcher, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
2006 – 2008 – Senior yield engineer, Intel, Malaysia.
2005 – 2006 – Photolithography process engineer, Silterra, Malaysia.
TÜBİTAK 2232 International Fellowship for Outstanding Researchers Grant