SUNUM is a Nanotechnology Research and Application Centre hosted by Sabanci University, Istanbul, Turkey. It is one of four Centers in the country that have recently been granted a special endorsement by the Turkish Ministry of Development as a National Research Centre of Excellence.
Its research focus is the intersection of four vertical thematic areas; namely, Life Sciences, Energy, Food & Agriculture, Water & Environment with the horizontal theme of Nanomaterials and Nanosystems.
SUNUM’s mission is to excel as a Centre of Excellence for multidisciplinary and cross-disciplinary Nanotechnology research and development studies, offering global nano-technological solutions to societal challenges, creating socio-economic added-value through commercialisation of research results by exploiting synergies and long-term strategic partnerships with stakeholders while contributing to the training of high caliber researchers.
SUNUM is looking for Principal Researchers from any country to complementand strengthenits existing Research Faculty.SUNUM offers competitive salaries, fringe benefits including medical insurance, retirement and housing subsidies, which are among the best in Turkey. Salary and position will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.Further details about the Center and its research activities can be found at https://www.sunum.sabanciuniv.edu
Eightopen full time positions in the following research specializationsare currently announced and will be processed separately:
- Polymer chemistry, nano structure synthesis, functionalization and catalysis,
- Materials science and engineering, inorganic nanomaterials synthesis, thin film structures,
- Solar cells, photovoltaic and thermo-photovoltaic systems
- Battery production automation and testing,
- Bioprocess engineering and bio-production technologies,
- Mechanical, electrical &electronics and mechatronics engineering, organ-on-a-chip technologies,
- Plant biotechnology, tissue culture, agricultural genomics and genetic breeding applications,
- Nano-remediation, food and environmental applications, bio-economy and green nanotechnology.
The candidates will be expected to undertake research activities in their field of specialization in alignment with the Research Strategy of SUNUM and to participate in outreach/collaborative activities.
Candidates should prove /demonstrate:
- At least 5 years of post-doctoral experience in academic research or industrial R&D,
- A solid background in their areaof specialization,a research pipeline of international qualityand a track record in securing external research income, demonstrating capability for independent research.
- Excellence in research as evidenced primarily by the quality of published papers in top-ranked and field relevant journals, patents and intellectual property, presenting research at top conferences, and/or other noteworthy activities that contribute to the visibility and prominence of their research,
- Success at initiating and sustaining external partnerships (either with industry partners, government, and/or professional bodies or community networks) and provide evidence of university-corporate collaboration experience.
Preference will be given to candidates who have;agility and openness to change, global intent and reach with a co-learning and co-creating mind-set,intra and inter-disciplinary connectivity and collaboration, future-focused thinking involving innovative,entrepreneurialand design thinking approaches.
For informal discussion about the above posts, please contact Director Professor Fazilet VARDAR SUKAN, by email: email@example.com
Qualified candidates from all nationalities are invited to apply with a curriculum vitae and a letter of intent describing of research interests / goals and how these may overlap with the research objectives of SUNUM to firstname.lastname@example.org Please mark your application email by Name and Position.