•Nanomaterial synthesis and functionalization,
•Nanomedicine (targeted drug/gene delivery, combined cancer therapy, anti-microbial nanoagents)
1. Cavuslar, O., Celaloglu, C., Duman, F. D., Konca, Y. U., Yagci, M. B., & Acar, H. Y. (2018). pH and molecular weight dependence of auric acid reduction by polyethylenimine and the gene transfection efficiency of cationic gold nanoparticles thereof. New Journal of Chemistry, 42(12), 10078-10083.
2. Cavuslar, O., & Unal, H. (2015). Self-assembly of DNA wrapped carbon nanotubes and asymmetrical cyanine dyes into fluorescent nanohybrids. RSC Advances, 5(29), 22380-22389.
2015-2019: Research Assistant in Koc University.
Focusing on nanoparticle synthesis such as gold nanoparticles and superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles (SPIONs) in aqueous media, drug/antibody/dye/photosensitizers conjugation for their applications in gene-drug delivery, photothermal therapy (PTT) and photodynamic therapy (PDT).
2013-2015: Research Assistant in Sabancı University Nanotechnology Research and Application Center (SUNUM).
Focused on preparing highly fluorescent CNT/dye nanohybrids for fluorescence detection of CNTs and as novel materials for photonic devices.
2012-2013: Co-op at Arcelik Material Technology Research and Development Department
Worked on flame-retardant polyurethane project,
Used TGA, DSC, FTIR, UL94 Flammability Test, Climatic Test Cabinet,
Participated in glow wire flammability tests and needle flame tests.
2011 SUMMER: Research intern at TUBITAK – International Metrology Institute.
Worked on national projects in biosynthesis and organic synthesis laboratory,
Experience on fluorescence spectroscope and mass spectroscope,
Participated in NMR experiments,
Prepared and used preparative-thin layer chromatography.
Royal Society of Chemistry
• KU Graduate Scholarship from Koc University for the expenses throughout the PhD, Fall 2015 – 2019.
• University courses teaching assistant incentive award, Fall 2013-2014.
• Full tuition scholarship from Sabanci University for the expenses throughout the master’s studies, Fall 2013 – 2015.
• Flokser Tekstil San. & Tic. A.S scholarship which is given to the most distinguished junior each year, Fall 2010.