-Vanderbilt University, USA (2016),
-Sabancı University, Graphene Flagship Project (2017-2018)
-Fabrication and characterization of nanofiber based composite membranes for fuel cells
-Nanofiber based 3D electrode design for PEM fuel cells and Li-ion batteries -Synthesis and characterization of hybrid catalysts for PEM fuel cells -Electrochemical characterizations, Corrosion/durability tests for fuel cells -Synthesis of carbon based hybrids for supercapacitorelectrodes,
-Conductive polymers and their thin films
1. Recep Yüksel, Begüm Yarar Kaplan, Emre Biçer, Alp Yürüm, Selmiye Alkan Gürsel, H. Emrah Ünalan “All-Carbon Hybrids for High Performance Supercapacitors”, Int. J. Energy Res. accepted 2018.
2. Melike Sevim, Begüm Yarar Kaplan, Önder Metin, Selmiye Alkan Gürsel “A Facile Synthesis and Assembly of Ultrasmall Pt Nanoparticles on Reduced Graphene Oxide‑Carbon Black Hybrid for Enhanced Performance in PEMFC”, Mater. Des.2018, 151, 29-36.
3. Begüm Yarar Kaplan, Lale Işıkel Şanlı, Selmiye Alkan Gürsel“Flexible Carbon–Cellulose Fiber-Based Composite Gas Diffusion Layer for Polymer Electrolyte Membrane Fuel Cells”, J. Mater. Sci.2017, 52, 4968-4976.
4. Lale Işıkel Şanlı, Begüm Yarar, Vildan Bayram, Selmiye Alkan Gürsel, “Electrosprayed Catalyst Layers Based on Graphene–Carbon Black Hybrids for the Next-Generation Fuel Cell Electrodes”, J. Mater. Sci.2017, 52, 2091-2102.
5. Lale Işıkel Şanlı, Vildan Bayram, Begüm Yarar, Sajjad Ghabadi, Selmiye Alkan Gürsel “Development of Graphene Supported Platinum Nanoparticles for Polymer Electrolyte Membrane Fuel Cells: Effect of Support Type and Impregnation-Reduction Methods”,Int. J. Hydrogen Energy 2016, 41, 3414-3427
-TUBİTAK 2214-A International Doctoral Research Fellowship Programme (scholarship holder)
-Best Poster Award (mESC-IS 2nd International Symposium on Materials for Energy Storage and Conversion, 2017)