PdH in Polymer Science
- Sn. Principal Researcher (2022-current), Sabancı University Nanoteknology and Research Center (SUNUM).
- Sn. Researcher, (2015-2019), SAUDI ARAMCO, Research and Development, Saudi Arabia, KSA.
- Researcher (1991-2001): Sn. Researcher (2001-2006); Chief Senor Researcher (2006-2014), The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TÜBİTAK), Marmara Research Center (MRC),Gebze-Kocaeli Turkey.
- Guest Researher (2000), NSF High Performans Polymers and Adhesives Center, Virginia Polytechnic and State University-USA,
- Research Engineer (1990-1991), Marshall Paint and Varnish Company Dilovası—Kocaeli, Turkey
- Polymer synthesis (especially high performance polymers; polyimides, polyamides, poly(arylene ether ketone)s, polyurethanes, epoxy, acrylics etc.) and characterizations
- Synthesis and characterizations of monomers, oligomers, resins with acrylic functional groups,
- Composite material preparations with crosslinked polymerization (acrylic, epoxy, melamine-formaldehyde, urea-formaldehyde based polymeric systems)
- Enviromental and energy friendly “Fuel cell membrane” preparations
- Enviromental, Energy and Economy (3E) Friendly UV-curable coatings
- Nanotechnology (Sol-gel polymerization, clay based (mainly bentonite) composite polymeric materials)
- Environmental friendly water based paints and coatings
- Solvent based paints and coatings
- Antibacterial coatings and polymeric materials (zeolite-silver based materials)
- Analysis and characterization of polymeric materials
- Reverse engineering of the materials (especially materials including polymers)
- Value added products from natural materials (especially with coal based humic acid, bentonites and terpenes)
- Polymer Grup Leader
- Accreditation responsilities for different tests
- High Thrroughput Analysis (HTA) methods like chemometrics.
Last 5 Publications
- S. INAN, H. Al-BADAIRY, T. INAN, A. AL-ZHAHRANI, “Formation and occurrence of organic matter-hosted porosity in shales”, International Journal of Coal Geology 199, 2018, 39-51.
- T. INAN, A. HAJJI, O. R. KOSEOGLU, “Chemometrics-based analytical method using FTIR spectroscopic data to predict diesel and diesel/diesel blend properties”, Energy and Fuels 2016, 30, 5525−5536 2016,
- A. VATANSEVER, H. DOGAN, T. INAN, S. SEZER, A. SIRKECIOGLU ” Properties of na-montmorillonite and cellulose nanocrystal reinforced poly(butyl acrylate-co-methyl methacrylate) nanocomposites” , Polymer Engineering and Science, 2015.
- M. G. SEDEN, E. BASTÜRK, T. Y. İNAN, N. K. APOHAN, A. GÜNGÖR “Synthesis and fuel cell characterization of blend membranes from phenyl phosphine oxide containing flourinated novel polymers” Journal of Power Sources 271 465-479, 2014
- E. E. UNVEREN, T. Y. INAN, S. CELEBI, “Partially Sulfonated Poly(1,4-phenylene ether-ether-sulfone) and Poly(vinylidenefluoride) Blend Membranes for Fuel Cells", Fuel Cells, V No:5, 862-872, 2013
- GUCLU, A. GUNGOR, A. KUYULU, E. YILDIZ, T. YILMAZ, O. OZARSLAN, Z. KORLU, M. CANDEMİR, Synthesis of Tetraalkyl Diphenyl based New Aromatic Dinitro and Diamine Compounds, Turkish Patent Institutes, Patent No:28463, 1996.
- OZARSLAN, A. GUNGOR, A. KUYULU, E. YILDIZ, T. YILMAZ, H. GUCLU, Z. KORLU, M. Candemir “Novel Poly (arylene ether ketone ketone)s synthesized by the Friedel-Crafts Acylation Reaction, Turkish Patent Institutes, Patent No:TR1996 00806 B, 1996.
- INAN, E. E. UNVEREN, H. DOGAN, N. BEKİR, Z. KORLU, Development of Low Temperature Polymer Electrolyte Membranes for PEMFC, Patent Number: TR 2009/05762
- INAN, H. DOGAN, N. BEKIR, Z. KORLU, M. CANDEMIR, A Formulation and Lens Manufacturing Process to produce Intraocular Lens (IOL), WO 2015/170278 A1, US 10, 351, 637 B2.
- DOĞAN, M. KORAL, T. INAN, H. KARAKALE, Barium Humate production and Modification and Use in Differener Areas, WO 2015/193779 A1, December 2015.
- VATANSEVER, T. INAN, H. DOĞAN, M. KORAL, Nuran Koker, Increasing the performance properties of eco-friendly road marking paints- WO 2016/051354 Al, April 2016.
- R. KOSEOGLU, T. INAN, Method For Determining The Composition And Properties Of Hydrocarbon Fractions By Spectroscopy Or Spectrometry, 20200209213, 2019, April 6, 2021, US10968396B1.
- R. KOSEOGLU, R. P. HODGKINS, T. INAN, method and process for converting waste polystyrene and low-value hydrocarbons into needle coke, April 6, 2021, US10968396B1.
- Chemical Engineers Chamber
- TÜBİTAK Marmara Research Center (MRC) Project Technology Award Project named “Optimization of Intraocular Lens Produced by Photopolymerization, UV-curable Oligomer Synthesis and Preparation of Formulatios“, 2012
- TUBİTAK MRC Project Incentive Award Project named “Development of Humic Acid Based Adsorbents and Other Materials in Laboratory-Scale” 2011
- ELGINKAN Foundation Technological Award (National) Project named “Development of Low Temperature Polymer Electrolyte Membranes for PEMFC”, 2010.
- TÜBİTAK MRC Project Achivement Award Project named“Development of Membranes for Polymer Electrolyte Membrane Fuel Cell (PEMFC) “, 2010
- Best E-Poster Award Analysis of degradation failure of poly L-lactic acid fixators, 2003 XVIII. National Turkish Orthopedia and Travmatology Congress